Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Language Skill Test

Although I took very few hours in learning Icelandic but being around with native Icelanders and my own effort to talk in Icelandic I realized that my language skills has also improved. So, I decided to take a test if I am really acquiring at least minimum knowledge on this. Today I went to place called FJÖLMENNING to measure my language skills. Initially they said it will take more than an hour and off course I was very scared because I only had very basic knowledge. I was confident that I will fail the test. On top it has a three series of test Listening, writing and speaking. But surprisingly I finished all the test in less than half an hour and got "PASSED". I was so happy to get at least pass. In the past I had given up many times to learn this language but having sitting in this test has alerted me that my languague skills has progressed unknowingly. Now I can actually say "I can speak Icelandic", not like native Icelanders however.