Wednesday, January 1, 2014

fireworks amazingly reduced in new year's Eve

I have been observing and participating firework show during new year's eve over the years in Reykjavik city. When it comes to fireworks, people of Iceland like to spend and welcome new year with spectacular firework display. I even heard that people from China espiecally visit to Iceland during new year's eve to witness the specatular firework show - I am not sure how accurate this information though, however. Sometime I felt I am in war zone !!!. However, this year I was totally surpirsed the way poeple of the Iceland did the firework, usually it starts hours before and after the new year,  but last night it lasted only for couple hours then no fireworks at all - not as used to be. I assume, either 2008 banking crisis had impacted people badly or due to the fact things has been extremely expensive since the severe finincial collaspe or people just reliased they cannnot afford anymore. 

Whatever the reason, Happy New year 2014 to all.