Saturday, July 20, 2013

Air India experience - First time

I have heard lots of stories about Air India and specifically the harassment by the immigration officials & police, bad treatment, baggage lost, very rude customer services, misguide to passenger etc etc at the airports. When I was preparing my trip to Nepal in June this year, I was also very scared  and try avoiding Air India. First,  I have never been to India, second tons of stories that I heard, read and watched. But, then on the other I just heard other peoples experiences- I am sure things happened in that route hence people share their experiences.  I have few Indian friends at my work and I always make fun with them on customer service at the Indian Airports. They even shared their experiences even for Indian nationals. It sound like a cultural or tradition issue.  I am from Nepal, and many Nepalis had had an incident like that, I read tons of article while I was in Nepal and in west too.

Anyway, even-though I hesitate to fly via Indian airports, I asked the final suggestion to one of
my friend, her encouragement was very positive and self-assertive. At the end I booked my flight to Kathmandu via New Delhi for the first time. 

Despite having all those stories in mind, I was very careful while flying as well as while transfer the flights. In my first experience with Air India, I did not feel one bit of what I have heard or people wrote about the customer service and the harassment at the airport.  I feel really good, not a single problem like such came to me - perhaps I was the lucky one on that day, I do not know :). Well, someone told me that "The New Delhi airport" has recently built and old Delhi airport is converted for domestic flights.  Perhaps harassment stuff are happening in that side which  I do not know. 

For me, I had a jolly good time both on board, transfer transit and  even at the New Delhi airport. I will fly via Delhi Airport again. It was fairly cheaper and pleasant flight. Thanks Air India. Hope people who suffered from those bitter experience do no have to experience again.