Saturday, April 17, 2010

Iceland in Headlines in the world

I knew Iceland only after I meet my wife ten years ago. Not surprisingly many people around the world have very little knowledge about Iceland. While I was in England few years ago many were very surprised when my wife is from Iceland. But this has been changed recently mainly from different way. First from banking crisis in late 2008 which had effected Iceland economy severely. Another one was decision taken by British prime minister Gordon Brown to apply terrorist law against Iceland due to Icelandic banking crisis. Secondly, Volcano eruption in Iceland recently which has effected entire European Airspace. Most of the major airport in Europe has been shut down due to this eruption.

I wonder the effect of two very big well known volcano "Hekla" and "Katla" start to erupt. Because of those two event Iceland became the center in world news. Banking crises (especially terrorist law against Iceland) made heading in the news perhaps not a good way however volcanic eruption has made Iceland focal news in world stage is somehow a good way - i guess. Now, probably people know where "Iceland" is located.